Monday 8 August 2011

High hopes for Shirebrook


Getting Green Councillors elected to District Councils normally takes years of hard work, building local support and explaining green party policies. My own election in Whitwell was very unusual as I only decided to stand a couple of months before the election was due however I know that my work for Whitwell against Alkane was a very significant factor in getting me elected.

On the 25th August there is a by-election in Shirebrook and the Green Party is delighted to be able to field one of the hardest working and dedicated candidates I have ever met:  Ian Musgrove. However there is no "Alkane" factor but we still finding that residents are genuinely impressed by Ian's refreshing approach and trust him to deliver for Shirebrook.

One green victory deep in Labour territory can be put down to chance, two victories however starts to feel like something more significant. We are all working very hard to make the 25th August a great night for the Green Party in Shirebrook, Bolsover and Derbyshire.


No comments:

Post a Comment