Saturday 5 November 2011

Alkane

I normally talk about Bolsover issues here but having looked at the DT this week it seems I've now got strong competition!

So for Whitwellians and Creswellians I must comment on Thursday's public meeting of Whitwell Against Alkane. I had invited Tamsin Hart from the new landowners, the Homes and Communities Agency, following my meeting with her in September. I hoped she would deliver some long awaited good news and I wasn’t disappointed. In her own words Alkane are "off the table" and any, (repeat any, yes that means any - I checked) offers to buy the site will require approval from Bolsover Council.

Thanks to Kev, Julie, Helen, Naomi and all who have supported Whitwell against Alkane we have achieved a hell of a lot - as Tamsin herself said "I think you've frightened them" - not a bad tactics that - never doubt what a well co-ordinated public campaign can achieve.


Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment