Wednesday 27 July 2011

A note of thanks

I've been a Councillor now for nearly three months, so I thought I'd review the list of cases that people have brought to me. I knew a lot of them were about housing  - but was surprised to find that these amounted to two-thirds of my case-load. This has meant that I've had more dealings with housing than any other section, and I just like to pay tribute to the staff for their responsiveness on operational issues.

Sometimes Council staff get the blame when it's the Council policies or resource decisions, made by members, which are at fault, and sometimes members take the credit when it is the staff that have done the work, so it's important to separate the two. There are clearly some policies that need changing and concerns over resources but that's no reason not to thank the staff who deliver the service.

So good on ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment